29 December 2006

Give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Estou a ler este livro...


... e ontem à noite li uma parte que achei gira e com a qual me identifiquei.

Fala da importância de dar.


(...)

"That line had come from a series of conversations I'd had years later with Nina Hagen. Nina was a wise soul, and she realized how young and inexperienced I was then, so she was always passing on gems to me, not in a preachy way, just by seizing on opportunities. I was going through her closet one day, looking at all her crazy clothes, when I came upon a valuable exotic jacket. "This is really cool," I said.

"Take it. You can have it," she said.

"Whoa, I can't take this. This is the nicest jacket you have in there," I said.

"That's why I gave it to you," she explained. "It's always important to give things away; it creates good energy. If you have a closet full of clothes, and you try to keep them all, your life will get very small. But if you have a full closet and someone sees something they like, if you give it to them, the world is a better place."

I had come from such a school of hard knocks that my philosophy was you don't give things away, you take whatever you want.

It was such an epiphany that someone would want to give me her favorite thing. That stuck with me forever. Every time I'd be thinking, "I have to keep," I'd remember, "No, you gotta [give it away] instead."

(...)

No comments: